“Sea Castle / Chest of Drawers ” / Vila „Jūrapilis“ / “Komoda”
The villa “Jūrapilis” (“Sea Castle”) or “Komoda” (“Chest of Drawers”) is one of the most significant and beautiful parts of the heritage of Counts in Palanga. The construction of the two-storey villa in the Italian Neo-Renaissance style with a terrace on the roof was commissioned by Count Feliksas Tiškevičius in 1895. The villa was built for Aleksandras Tiškevičius, the brother of F. and his family. It is believed that the villa was designed by Italian architect Leonard Marconi residing in Poland. L. Marconi designed an analogous villa in Monaco, similar villas were built in Poland. The architect and Counts Tiškevičius were acquaintances — he also designed a manor in Trakų Vokė.
During World War l, the building was severely damaged by bullets. In 1930s—1940s, the villa was reconstructed. During the inter-war period, the two-storey brick villa with mansard belonged to the youth organization (ateitininkai).
In 2009, the building was included in the Register of Immovable Cultural Heritage Properties of the Republic of Lithuania. Currently, the villa is being revived and will be used for accommodation services; a restaurant with a terrace on the roof will be opened as well.