Nemireseta Ship Rescue Station
1870-1890 The German rescue company built ship rescue stations in Nida, Juodkrantė, Kopgali, Bomelios Vitė (now part of Klaipėda), Melnrage, Karkelbeck (now Karkle) and Nemirsetė. At present, it is preserved only in Nemirset. Their purpose was to rescue the crews of ships that ran aground. The crews of the stations consisted of 2 elders and about 20 rescuers – local fishermen. All of them were volunteers who worked without pay, only receiving bonuses in exceptional cases. There were rescue carts to which special boats were attached. The carriage was pushed into the sea, where a boat was lowered into the water using special structures and ships in distress were floated.
Klaipėdos pl. 37A, Palangos m., Palangos m. sav.