In 1944–1951, the Old Apothecary building was used as headquarters by the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs (NKVD). This historical fact is immortalized on a stone monument next to the main building, on the right. In the yard of the Apothecary, in 1988, a wooden cross commemorating the deportees was constructed, along with several stones surrounding it, with the place names of Palanga deportees on them; the names of partisans are carved on the dark granite slab.
Folk artist A. Žulkus.
Vytauto g. Palanga (inner Old Apothecary yard).