Church of the Palanga’s Evangelical Lutheran

Evangelic Lutheran Parish of Palanga was founded at the beginning of 19th century. It used to be a part of Kretinga parish. Since 1910, the congregation would gather for worship in the home of pharmacist Oskar Berting. Later, a spacious room on the second floor of the house was prepared and the congregation has been praying there for 18 years. The community consisted of Lithuanians, Latvians and Germans, therefore, priests preached in three languages. The first parish house was equipped and consecrated in 1928 in Jūratės Street. In 1938, it burned down. The Soviet government forbade the parish to operate.

The parish was restored in 1993. In 2000, city municipality allocated a land plot in Saulėtekio Street for the construction of a new church and in 2005 the bishop M. Sabutis consecrated the cornerstone of the church. Project was prepared by Irena and Gintas Likšai.